Each year Thanksgiving comes and goes as fast as you can say pumpkin pie, and with it comes a new set of things I’m thankful for. So far, 2017 has been a wild whirlwind of overwhelming happiness and overcoming struggles, but I’ve been immensely grateful nonetheless.
So, without further ado, here are the top 25 things I am thankful for in 2017, in no particular order.
1) My health — I’m grateful for my health and the ability to self-diagnose myself in the unlikely event that I’m feeling under the weather. Thanks, Grey’s Anatomy (super thankful for Meredith Grey, too).
2) The fact that I’m able to live rent free and save money — I have lived with my parents for all of 2017, and while I’m not proud to admit that at 27 years old, I am thankful for the opportunity to save money. It’s a game changer.
3) The ocean — I mean, what would TOM (The Ocean Minded) be without the ocean? Nothing, the answer is nothing.
4) Flexibility — I am blessed to have a flexible career that allows me to work from home. Being able to fly out to Austin, Texas for weeks at a time while working remote has been incredible and I owe it all to my bosses.
5) Friends and family — This year has definitely come with it’s fair share of challenges, and I’m forever indebted to my friends and family who are constantly building me up, and offering a hand when I fall.
6) Face masks — My skin has been a complete roller coaster this year, and discovering new masks has been a total life saver.
7) Brunch — Forever bowing down to bloody mary’s and breakfast burritos.
8) My career — As of this month, I’ve been with my company for four-and-a-half years, and I am beyond thankful for all of the opportunities and stability that has come with my employment— including an all-expenses paid trip to England earlier this year.
9) My swim team & coach — I’ve been on a handful of teams over the years, but something about the California Gold masters feels like home.
10) This blog — This almost goes without saying, but I don’t know where I’d be without this blog, the opportunities I’ve been given, and the amazing people I’ve connected with.
11) Rodan & Fields lash boost — Can I get an amen for lash boost? Thank God that my mom introduced me to this magic serum earlier this year, I’m hooked.
12) Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seasoning — Ohemgee. This seasoning is the holy grail, and I’m so happy to have discovered it (along with everyone else on IG).
13) Buttery chardonnays — I love discovering new wines with old friends.
14) Social media — Besides the fact that social media pays the bills, I am thankful for the constant inspiration from the people, places and things on my feed.
15) New opportunities — Life is a constant adventure of new opportunities and the unknown, but it keeps things interesting, and I wouldn’t change it for the world.
16) Travel — This year I am been able to travel more than I would have ever dreamed— London, Cabo San Lucas, Disneyland, Hawaii, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Austin, Santa Cruz, Orange County, Palm Springs, Napa— and I am forever thankful for the opportunity to do so.
17) Taco Bell — Taco Bell tends to be my go-to fix when I’m sad, stressed, or hungover. I applaud you, cheesy bean and rice burrito.
18) Healthy Fit Bootcamp — Ironic that this falls beneath Taco Bell, but I am thankful for Healthy Fit Bootcamp, and the opportunity to work out 3-times a week with my best friend.
19) Being able to see and spend time with my family more frequently — When your parents are your roommates, there’s a lot more family time to be had. I know I’ll look back in five years and be thankful for this quality time with them.
20) Living in the same town as old, lifelong friends — Being back in my hometown has given me the chance to rekindle old friendships and spend time with friends that feel like family.
21) Being debt free for the first time in 5 years — I am proud to say that after five years of maxed out credit cards, and bottomless bills, I am finally 100% debt free. My bank account (and my dad) is so, so happy, y’all.
22) Highlighters — I don’t know how I never used highlighting powder on my face until mid-2017, but I sure am glad I hopped on the bandwagon. Highlighter and bronzer are the power-couple of 2017.
23) Poshmark — I know I’m late to the party, but selling old threads on Poshmark has been a very rewarding (literally) past time.
24) My cheerleaders — The support from loyal followers, old and new, of my blog mean the entire world to me.
25) Love — Above all, I am thankful for unconditional, boundless love from the most important people in my life.
I am also very, very thankful for this gorgeous maxi-romper from Socialite.